If you are a fan of Google devices, you will want to know how to speed up your Android phone or tablet. The good news is that there is an easy way to do this directly, and that involves turning on developer mode.
But don’t worry if it scares you – this tip is a lot easier than you might think, and it’s also a great way to breathe new life into an old device.
So read on and we’ll show you how to instantly speed up your Android phone or tablet.
Note: This guide is based on Samsung devices running One UI 3.0 and later versions. Other devices may have different menu entry options.
- The Huawei Mate V could arrive with a foldable heat pipe 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra — it could be the best Galaxy Note ever
How to speed up your Android phone or tablet
1. Open your device’s settings menu and tap “About phone.”
2. Tap “Software information.”
3. Scroll to ‘Build number‘ and press it seven times. You will be asked to enter your PIN, password, or pattern.
4. Return to the main settings menu and scroll down. Now you will see “Developer options” there. Tap it to access the developer menu.
5. Scroll down the developer menu to the “Drawing” section. Then press “Window Animation Scale“.
6. In the next box, select “Animation scale .5x.”
7. Repeat this process for “Transition animation scale.”
8. And also do it for “Animator duration scale.”
And with that, it’s over!
Now you will notice that switching between applications and opening/closing menus is incredibly fast.
If you want to go back to your previous settings, just tap on “Developer options” and then tap on the “On” button to disable developer mode and restore your previous settings.
- Samsung Galaxy S8: Upcoming tablets Lineup Tipped to Launch Early 2022
- The best smart home gadget needed in every home
Note: As the developer menu contains many advanced settings that can cause problems with your device, we do not recommend that you make changes to other options. If you accidentally change something you are unsure about, disabling developer mode by following the previous step should undo all changes and return your device to its previous state.